• 보내기
    URL

3 migrant wives dream to become child care teachers

조회수
등록일
2013-03-21 17:09

3 migrant wives dream to become child care teachers

2013-03-20 16:30

From left are Zhumabaena Zilola from Kyrgyzstan, Ashurova Muhabbat and Usmanova Gulmira from Uzbekistan who enrolled in the Child Care Teacher’s School of Daekyeung University, Gyeongsan City in North Gyeongsang Province this year. / Courtesy of Daekyeung University

By Chung Ah-young

After working from a restaurant to a factory, three immigrant women have decided to train themselves and develop their own abilities to pursue their dreams of becoming childcare teachers.

Ashurova Muhabbat, 27, Usmanova Gulmira, 31, from Uzbekistan and Zhumabaena Zilola, 31, from Kyrgyzstan, enrolled in the Child Care Teacher’s School of Daekyeung University, Gyeongsan City in North Gyeongsang Province this year.

The school said that it is the first time for immigrant wives to study there. Their motivation to study there sounds very ambitious, given that they want to not only become teachers but also contribute to Korean society.

“I think that I can fully adapt myself into Korea and be appreciated as a social member only after becoming an able person necessary for Korean society. I studied computer science in my home country and wanted to continue working here but I couldn’t find work,” Muhabbat said in a statement.

Before coming to Korea, she worked as a computer teacher in Russia for a while. Five years ago she met her husband and married him and settled in Korea and now has a daughter and a son.

She said that she was happy with her family but wasn’t free from social prejudice and a cold reception from Koreans. While living in Korea, she has moved from a restaurant to a factory job instead of working at companies or schools in which she can make use of her skills. After failing to land a job in relevant fields, she concentrated on studying Korean language so as to continue her teaching career, with obvious support from her husband.

“I believe there will be no obstacle in living in Korea if I do my best in studying the Korean language and culture. There are an increasing number of immigrant wives through interracial marriages but many Koreans still have prejudice toward us. I am always worried that this prejudice would affect my children,” she said.

“For self-establishment in Korean society, I think I have to develop my own ability and now I have confidence in becoming a successful working mom for my children,” she said.

They will be given a teaching certificate after completing the one-year course at the university.

Gulmira and Zilola also experienced similar difficulties in Korea. They are pursuing the same dream of becoming child care teachers in the region. They plan to offer help to other immigrant women better adjust to Korean society in the region, once they complete their current training.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

※ 대경대학 관련 신문, 잡지, 기사를 스캔하여 올리는 이미지들의 모든 저작권은 대경대학교에 있음을 명시합니다.
경북 경산시 자인면 단북1길 65번지 대경대학교(우: 712-719) Tel :053-850-1000

Copyrights ⓒ 2012 DAEKYEUNG. All rights Reserved

팝업건수 : 총
오늘하루 열지않기
신입생 1:1문의 재학생 1:1문의